At Amiqus, we make compliance checks easy and secure! Our software makes verifying identity a breeze with just a few clicks, and no need to post or take sensitive documents to the office. We are a trusted data processor for legal and accountancy firms, public sector organisations, financial institutions and employers and recruiters, and keep our data safe and secure with our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certificate (PDF) and Cyber Essentials Plus certificate (PDF). If you have received a verification request, our 24/7 online ticket support can help, with queries answered from 9:00 to 17:00 (GMT) on weekdays.
All You Need to Know About Amiqus Support
At Amiqus, we are committed to providing the best customer support possible. We have a team of dedicated specialists who are on hand to help our customers with any queries, issues or concerns they may have. See below the various support options available to users and how to get the most out of them.
Online Support Articles
Many of the most common questions and issues can be solved quickly and easily. To save time, you can check out our helpful support centre which covers a range of topics including:
- Amiqus Basics
- Amiqus requests such as: Photo ID Verification, Identity Report, Disclosure, Banking Information, and much more.
Commonly Asked Questions
We understand that you may have some questions, and we're here to help! Below you'll find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. We've put this list together to make it easier for you to quickly find what you're looking for.
I am unable to take a photo of my passport, for my photo ID verification check.
If you're having trouble, here are some troubleshooting suggestions that may help:
- Make sure Camera and Microphone permissions are enabled or allowed. Check out our helpful support article here: Camera and Microphone Permissions for more info.
- Ensure your browser is up-to-date, and run updates if needed. You could also try a different browser, such as Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, or Firefox. Please note: We recommend not to use Internet Explorer as this is now out of support.
- If that doesn't work, try using a different device with a built-in camera to take a photo of your ID. Or, take a photo of your ID and then upload it.
- For more information on photo ID checks, have a look at our Photo ID Verification FAQs here: Photo ID Verification FAQs.
It will not accept my Drivers License Number for my Disclosure check?
To ensure that the Amiqus check is authorised, it is important that the name on your Amiqus profile matches the name on your Driving Licence. If the information differs, the requesting organisation will need to update your name on your Amiqus profile and send out a new request. Unfortunately, you won't be able to view or edit this information yourself.
I entered my details wrong, what should I do now?
We understand that you may want to view or edit the information you've already submitted in your Amiqus request. Unfortunately, this is not possible for data privacy and security reasons. If you realise that you made a mistake when entering your details after you confirmed them, please let your contact at the requesting organisation know. They will then be able to send you a new link with your corrected information.
My passport will not scan using the Amiqus mobile app?
We want to make sure that you have a smooth experience using the Amiqus mobile app! Please ensure you have a valid UK/Irish Biometric Passport (with the small gold camera icon) and a mobile device with NFC support (e.g. iPhone 7 or an Android that is supported).
If you're having trouble getting your NFC chip detected, please try troubleshooting:
- Make sure the passport photo page is clear and all edges are in frame.
- For UK Burgundy Passports (issued before December 2020), scan the back page slowly.
- For UK Navy Passports (issued after December 2020), try scanning the front cover, if that fails, try scanning either side of the photo page.
- For Irish Passports (issued October 2013), scan the upper right corner.
- Please also make sure to remove any covers or sleeves.
For a full online tutorial, please check out this link. If, after trying all these steps, you are still having trouble completing the check, please reach out to the requesting organisation and ask about the alternative way to do it without using the Amiqus app.
I cannot upload the supporting documents, what should I do?
Having trouble uploading documents to Amiqus? No worries, we've got you covered! Make sure your browser is up-to-date and not in a "private" or "incognito" browser. You could also try using an alternative browser such as; Chrome, Safari, Edge, or Firefox. If the problem persists, try using a different device. For more info, take a look at our support article here.
I am unable to connect to my online banking for the Banking Information check?
If your provider is not supported, you can manually enter your account details, add a note, and upload bank statements by selecting 'I can't find my banking provider'. For more information, check out our Banking Information Check FAQ's page here.
What is the difference between Amiqus's role and the client's role?
Amiqus provide the software which the firm who sent you the request use to carry out electronic identity verification checks and exchange documents and forms. However, we do not have access to any of your personal information, or the information which has been requested from you, for data privacy and security reasons. For this reason, we cannot accept any files containing personal information or identity documents via our support channel. If any files such as these are received, we are required to redact them in order to protect your own data privacy.
If you have any queries about your Amiqus request (such as why this information has been requested from you, or whether your results have been review yet), we would advise getting in touch with your contact at the firm who sent you the Amiqus request - they should then be able to advise you further. The firm who sent you the Amiqus request view and control the information you submit when you complete your Amiqus request; we simply provide the software tool that they use to securely and remotely request that information from you.
How does Amiqus keep my data secure?
Amiqus' technical systems and procedures have been built with security and data privacy features as the number one priority. Amiqus is the data processor, and while the data is stored on our servers, all personally identifiable information is encrypted. The business who sent your request is the data controller and the owner of the data. We are trusted and used by leading law, accountancy firms as well as public sector organisations across the UK and internationally.
- All of your data is encrypted in transit and at rest in our database, meaning only authorised people can view it
- We use ‘https:’, the padlock in the top left which ensures the connection to our service is secure/encrypted and is registered to us
- We are certified by the NQA to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and audited annually by external regulators
- We are GDPR compliant and protect your data under EU law
- We are regularly penetration tested by CREST certified organisations
If you have any other queries or need help with something that isn't covered in our support articles or troubleshooting suggestions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. You can contact us via our online support channel by opening your Amiqus check (from the initial email request) and clicking on the blue Help and Support button in the bottom right corner.
We hope you found this useful and look forward to helping you get the most out of Amiqus!