Amiqus is a compliance software that is used by regulated services, such as accountants, legal firms and government bodies. They must verify that you or an organisation is operating within the law before they can hire or engage in a contract or transaction with you. This means requesting compliance checks, such as verifying your identity or financial status, while respecting your rights to determine how certain personal information is used.
Amiqus has been designed and is continually updated to be compliant with the latest regulatory requirements. Amiqus is a secure and encrypted online platform, from which the professional service business that you are engaging with completes, reviews and records all of your required compliance checks.
Amiqus provides the following types of compliance checks to professional firms:
- Identity report
- Credit report
- Photo ID verification
- Face capture
- Disclosure checks
- Employment history
- Watchlist check
- Watchlist monitoring
Privacy and security at Amiqus
We understand that sharing personal information online can seem scary. We know that it is good practice to be wary of clicking on links within unsolicited emails. Therefore, if you are at all concerned, contact the business who sent your request to confirm. Traditionally, you would have been required to take your documents to the office to be scanned, which is inconvenient for you. However, this is less reliable due to the increasing number of fake documents. Digital identity checks are proven to be a much safer way for you to verify your identity through carrying out the request from the comfort of your own home.
Many businesses are moving to secure transfer via Amiqus because:
- No documents are required to be sent through the post
- People don’t have to travel into the office with sensitive documents in their possession
- Photocopies of sensitive data are not kept on premise
- Better audit trail
- Less chance of fraudulent/stolen documents being passed as acceptable or valid
How does Amiqus keep my data secure?
Amiqus' technical systems and procedures have been built with security and data privacy features as the number one priority. Amiqus is the data processor, and while the data is stored on our servers, all personally identifiable information is encrypted. The business who sent your request is the data controller and the owner of the data. We are trusted and used by leading law, accountancy firms as well as public sector organisations across the UK and internationally.
- All of your data is encrypted in transit and at rest in our database, meaning only authorised people can view it
- We use ‘https:’, the padlock in the top left which ensures the connection to our service is secure/encrypted and is registered to us
- We are certified ISO 27001 / CE+ and audited annually by external regulators
- We are GDPR compliant and protect your data under EU law
- We are regularly penetration tested by CREST certified organisations
Accreditations and regulators
Amiqus is certified by Alcumus ISOQAR to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (Cert No. 21235-ISMS-001) and UK government cyber security accreditation scheme, Cyber Essentials Plus.
We build our internal and external processes around the internal information security standard set out in the ISO 27001 certification. Additionally, we also subscribe to the guidance issued by the UK Government backed scheme CE+ which outlines the cyber security best practices for organisations. Both require external annual audits to ensure that we meet the standards expected and continue to protect our Client’s data.